Sunday, August 21, 2011

CRAFTY TIME

  I have been OBSESSED with Pinterest lately.  If you don't know what pinterest.com is then now is the time you can thank me for introducing you.  It is like a virtual bulletin board for ANYTHING you can think of.  I started just looking at grey painted bedrooms because that is what I want to do with my bedroom and before you know it I was looking at pictures of anything and everything I could think of.  WARNING...it is a HUGE time suck.  You can follow people's "pinboards" and you can have "followers."  It is totally awesome.  I was looking at crafty ideas and came across a picture of the lovliest mason jar vases. I had to copy this idea so
 I went to my local salvation army and found these beauties for .99 cents a piece. 




The website for these little pretties are http://www.centsationalgirl.com/.  I'm always looking for cheap and different ways to decorate my house.  Here they are after one coat of the "paint" which was a little Elmer's glue, a little water and a little food coloring.

One coat was not enough as you can see.  They aren't really fully covered.  I figured out that the more glue you use the better the color sticks.  I know....common sense!  Here they are completely done.

I just tied a little Jute around the neck of the mason jar and cut some of my flowers from out back and viola a new mason jar vase!  My husband said they looked old ladyish!  He said it matched the apron that I was wearing because I was making dinner too.  The nerve!  I don't care though.  I like my apron AND my new vases.  Aren't they pretty on my mantel?

I think so.  Cheap and easy!  Whatcha think?

No comments: