Thursday, July 22, 2010

ALMOST DONE!

Sooooo.......my newest almost completed project. I am doing a favor for my Dad's wife's sisters daughters aunts mothers son. Take a minute....did you catch that? Okay, good because I'm just kidding. But fer real.....it's for my Dad's wife's son's fiance'. Is that a little easier? They are getting married on September 11th. They asked me to do a little sewing favor. I had to make 56 of these babies. Yup, 56-count em'. Yikes! I didn't really know what I was getting into. I had no idea this would be so time consuming but I'm not a complainer, only a helper :). It just really pays to be friends with me! Just kidding! These little rectangles are going to be underneath centerpieces on the tables at the wedding reception. I had the HARDEST time with the black fabric because it is so thick and hard to iron down to sew. I decided to use the little strips of steam a seam. I HIGHLY recommend that product. It is perfect for non sewers who want to do a quick hem. You just iron it down and voila a perfect hem is made! Next is the flower girl dress. This project will actually be fun I think. I'm a little nervous as I don't have a pattern but I think I know what I am doing. I am anticipating several trips to the fabric store because I am TOTALLY guesstimating the yardage of fabric that I need.

Pictures of the flower girl dress to follow!
Jules

No comments: