Tuesday, July 5, 2011

FAMILY VACATION


We like to do an annual summer vacay every summer and this year we decided to go down to Texas.  We were leery to do the drive with a two year old but we sucked it up and took our chances.  We are and were kinda sick of him ruining our plans.  That sounds super mean but really a vacation with a baby isn't so much fun.  Last year we sat out in the vacation department and just did a staycation instead.  Much to our surprise the two year old did wonderful on the drive to and from Texas. 

I was a bit apprehensive for several reasons but a big reason was that my husband was put on a medication 1 day before the trip where he was told that side effects may be extreme irritability and sleeplessness.  Really?  Right before a family road trip with three kids. I seriously thought we were all screwed.  Well let me just say that the husband and I didn't have one fight and there were no roid rages at all.  He slept well too!  Thank GOD for that!

We were gone for a whole week visiting the river walk in San Antonio, family in Austin and some more family in Houston.  It's always so nice to visit family that you don't get to see very often.  I think I scared my in-laws a little?  It's got to be a little disruptive and shocking to have a party of  5 come invade your space when you don't even have any kids.  I sort of felt like the Griswalds when we were unloading the car and pulled in about 50 pieces of luggage.  I'm sure my SIL was like WTH? She didn't show it though and was extremely hospitable as was my BIL. 

Here are a few pics from our adventurous week:

The boys waiting for the boat tour of the river walk

A cool bridge we went under

I had to get a patriotic photo being independence day and all


Beautiful front door to the Alamo



Brothers: Best friends and worst enemies!

Nick at the Children's museum of Austin


Alamo architecture
Restaurant on the River walk

All in all a great family time where good memories were made (I hope).  It feels so good to be home though!

Jules

1 comment:

Jules said...

We miss you guys (really!) Thanks for including us on your family vacation. So good to see you all!