Saturday, June 25, 2011

WHOO HOO! NICKY'S TWO!



Terrible two's...we are finally here!  This would normally be the case but not with my Nichols.  He is such a happy boy.  He has meltdowns and temper tantrums but I still wouldn't call it the terrible two's yet.  He is such a sweetie and literally makes everyone who comes in contact with him smile.

At two he is just recently starting to put multiple words together and it is so cute that I can hardly stand it.  Sometimes it REALLY makes me want to have another baby.  Please don't tell my husband though because that would disturb him.  He LOVES his "doggy" which is really a lamb but let's keep that a secret, K?  He won't sleep without doggy.  He loves his brothers more than anything in the world.  His day is ruled by doing or trying to be included in whatever his older bros are doing.  He is borderline obsessed with baseball.  He wears this baseball helmet all the time while carrying a baseball glove and ball.  He wears this to the store, restaurant's, friends houses where ever.  He gets extremely upset at naptime, bedtime and bathtime when I make his take it off.  At his brother's baseball games he stands behind the fence at home plate and screams, "GO GAYKEY" or "GO BAYDEY!"  It is hysterical.  He loves the pool and is pretty fearless which is good and bad for obvious reasons. He is an excellent sleeper...sleeps in his own crib for about 10 hours a night!!!  Can I get an AMEN?!  He easily keeps himself entertained and really doesn't need me to keep him occupied.  I'm telling you he is the easiest baby in the world.  By far the easiest (thus far) out of my three boys.  He is so quiet that sometimes I forget about the poor little guy.  I'll finally say "where the heck is Nick?"  He's usually jumping on "Baydey's" bed or playing quietly with some toys.  He is not the best eater.  I don't really know many two year olds that are.  He LOVES sweets though.  But so do I so what can I say?  His favorite tv shows are Sesame Street and Yo Gabba Gabba.  He even got an Elmo cake for his birthday.  My friend Heather of Colleens Cakes and Cookies made it.  Go check out her website at http://www.colleenscakesandcookies.blogspot.com/.  The girl makes some cool stuff!

I'm so happy that he is two but I am also a little sad.  When I walked into his room to get him up from his nap yesterday he said plain as day, "hi Mom."  It sounded so grown up and if I wasn't looking I may have mistaken it for my 6 year old uttering those words.  I got a little nostalgic and just realized that my baby really isn't a baby anymore....sniff, sniff.  Time sure does fly.  I'm sure I'll blink and he will be three.  It's so freaking sad!



Love this picture!


I realize his ears look really big (his ears are actually kinda big but not this big!)  He loves to wear his brothers shoes and hats.  The hat makes his ears dumbo..ish!  I love it!


Look at his legs.  Even his baby chunky legs are disappearing.  Okay...now I'm sobbing.


Nicky's favorite people.  Well, besides me and his Daddy of course!

Happy birthday little man.  May your second year of life be full of excitement, learning and potty training!!!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Aw, love this post!! Adorable pictures. Happy Birthday Nick! We'll see you in a few days!

Phillips Creative said...

LOVE your writing girl! And of course your boys...well yes, I'm a bit partial...they are adorable! Happy 2nd Birthday to sweet Nickster! Oh yeah and thanks for the sweet shout-out :)