Tuesday, December 20, 2011

It's the little things...



Ok...I had to post this.  Being a stay at home mom really is awesome.  I truly believe that it is a privilege to stay home with my crazy...er..um..sweet little ones.  The only thing is that it does become monotonous as I am sure any job does.  It's day in and day out of cooking, cleaning, grocery getting, driving to activities, changing diapers, laundry, never really sitting and did I mention cooking and cleaning?  Cooking and cleaning are the bane of my existence these days it seems.  Sure I know my kids love me but it's just that everything my we do for them is just, well, second nature now.  I rarely get any recognition for what goes on around here.  It just gets done.  I don't get paid and I don't get thanked very often.  It's ok.  I'm totally not complaining I am just merely speaking the truth here.

Well it's funny how you receive just a little thanks and recognition and it makes everything so right again.  It makes me almost want to do the laundry.  My 9 year old is such a softie.  He came home today with this letter for his Dad and I.



As I read I was fighting this little lump in my throat and my eyes got teary.  To hear your kid thank you for cooking and laundry was just to much.  I am always trying to be cautious as to not spoil my kids with things.  I always want them to know how lucky they are to have the things that they have.  It's sometimes hard to tell if they "get it". This letter confirmed that at least my sweet 3rd grader is aware of how lucky he is and he is thankful. 

This letter seriously made my whole month.  I love how he signed it, "your son, Jake L."  Just in case I didn't know who Jake was he had to add the L.

Jules

No comments: