Saturday, December 8, 2012

TRASH TO TREASURE




I have been so uncreative lately and it was really bothering me!  I love how my latest project turned out as I think I can use it in multiple settings. 

I hosted Thanksgiving again this year and needed a table centerpiece.  I didn't want to spend alot of money so I started scouring the thrift stores around town.  I bought every ugly brass candlestick holder I could find.  I actually spend more than I wanted for them.  They ranged anywhere from $1-3.  I got them all home and this is what I had:



Just a modge podge of ugliness.  I primed and painted them all a metallic color and here is what they looked like on my table:


So I scattered my little tray with leaves and baby pumpkins and grouped all of the candles together.  This same arrangement is on my dining room table right now but I changed it a little:


I put fake snow and silver pine cones around the candlesticks.  You could do anything with this.  It may look pretty grouped together on the mantel too?  I'll try that next!

Jules

No comments: