Tuesday, December 8, 2009

5 AND ALL BOY!


5 years ago today I had the pleasure of becoming a Mom for the second time. This post today is dedicated to my son, Brady, who turns 5 today! I know it is cliche but time on this earth is really just a blink of an eye. 5 really is a huge milestone in my opinion. As a stay at home mom-5 really is a bittersweet number. It marks the year when your child enters Kindergarten. I know it is only December but I only have about 8 more months with him home with me everyday. No more will he ever be with me EVERYDAY ALL DAY which I will say again is so very bittersweet. Sure I will have more free time on my hands but oh how I will miss our quite lunches together everyday, our occasional games, our outings and our hanging out. He is so ready though. I would say I am partially ready but not totally ready.

At 5 he is very stubborn and hard headed. He is very sensitive and sweet too. He is extremely competitive and isn't the best loser. We are working on that. Lately he is obsessed with football. He really is getting good at catching and throwing. I am actually really impressed at how well he is doing. He is a follower at times and a leader at times. I secretly love how he still says "mom-I throwed the ball" or "mom-look how hard I hitted the bat" even though I correct him everytime. I also secretly love that everytime and I mean EVERYTIME he takes off his pants at night to put on his PJ's he flicks them in the air as high as he can and then laughs. I love that any day of the week he prefers to be outside rather that sitting watching tv or playing video games. He is such a good big brother. He kisses his baby brother all day and it really is priceless. He is not a touchy feely person with anyone but his baby brother. He doesn't like it when I try to hug and kiss him. I usually have to trick him by saying I have to tell him a secret and when he gets close-I get my kiss. It makes him so mad but I will never ever stop. Even when he is 50 and I am 80 I will still be pulling that trick on him. He probably will never know how much he has taught me throughout his 5 years. Here's to you Brady! I love you so very much!

1 comment:

Greg said...

Now you know how I feel Julie! I love you more than life itself...and of course Jake, Brady and Nick too!

Dad