Tuesday, December 7, 2010

6 AND FULL OF TRICKS





My second baby is 6 today. I sorta can't believe it's been 6 years. I love this boy with every fiber of my being. He keeps me on my toes and makes me practice patience EVERY day. Life would seriously be a bore without Brady.

At 6 he is a true comedian. He is always laughing and trying to make others laugh even if he has to say poo poo or pee pee to do it. He is stubborn, he LOVES kindergarten, is very social, loves sports, he is an instigator with his older brother and sadly could probably take his older brother. He weighs more than his older brother. He is probably about a head taller than everyone in his class. He likes this about himself as he brags about it sometimes. He has a temper but can also be the sweetest thing in the world. The boy has an incredible capacity to eat heaps and heaps of food. Sometimes, actually quite often he eats more than me at dinner. I know as he grows the food bills around here are going to be ridiculous. Sometimes I feel like my main job in life is to have food and snacks ready for Brady because he is always "starving". He loves football and his favorite team is the Arizona Cardinals. I think the only reason he likes the Cardinals is because he likes the bird logo. His birthday cake was of course a Cardinal's cake. My friend and neighbor Heather Phillips made it and it was as delicious as it was cute. Visit her blog at www.colleenscakesandcookies.blogspot.com. He has an amazing amount of energy and can rarely sit still. He is seriously all boy. He has only lost two teeth and I am counting down the days until he loses his black tooth. He has fallen on his tooth about 5 times. I don't know why he breaks his falls with his teeth while most people break their falls with their hands or arms. But that's just Brady! It has been so fun watching him learn to read this year. Everywhere we go I see him trying to decipher words and spell out letters in his head. Brady isn't a cuddler like Jake. Jake will let me hold him and love on him forever. Brady can't stand when I do that. I have to honestly refrain myself from kissing his face all over ALL OF THE TIME but I have learned that I just can't act like that! I know I will be BEGGING for Brady's affection for the rest of my life....sigh. I will never give up though!

Anyway...Here's to Brady. Happy Birthday to my fun loving little buddy. Can't wait to see what the future has in store for him!
Jules

1 comment:

Greg Moorehead said...

Julie, you have such an incredible ability of expressing yourself! You really should consider writing books....maybe mysteries. You could get rich and take care of me in my old age. I love you every bit as much as you do those boys and couldn't be prouder!
Love, Dad