Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Thankful











This was my most recent project. It is for a gift for my dear friend who was sooooooo generous to lend me all of her maternity clothes. These weren't just any maternity clothes though. Almost everything was REALLY cute! In those clothes included a pair of designer maternity jeans worth $200.00! You know I would NEVER buy something like that. I live in these things and they fit like a glove. I am soooooo thankful to her! These are the only pair of pants that I actually feel "cute" in-if that is even possible right now! Anyway.... I have made these bandana pants before and loved them. For some reason I haven't made them in a couple of years. I know the ball fringe at the bottom of the leg isn't practical but it is way to cute to matter! The first couple of times I have sewed ribbon on tee-shirts turned out to be complete nightmares. It seems easy enough I know but for some reason it is really tricky. I usually use a product called steam a seam on all of my appliques which basically puts a tacky backing on appliques so the applique stays in place while you sew. You apply it by the heat of an iron. I tried it on a ribbon once and I ruined the whole thing. Little did I know that ribbons melt! Well I finally got smart and sprayed on a spray adhesive and your ribbon shirts will turn out beautifully! I have no idea why it took me years to figure this out! Sewing is such a trial and error thing. I don't really have anyone to ask questions to so I always just have to learn the hard way. Anyway, I have one more thing for her that I am not done with yet. Hopefully she won't read my blog till after she gets her outfits!
Till Next Time,
Jules




No comments: