Thursday, October 21, 2010

EMBRACE THE CAMERA THURSDAY

haven't done an embrace the camera in awhile. We had extra time this morning to play and goof around before school. Does anyone else have AWFUL mornings with their kids? Is it hard for anyone else to get multiple kids dressed, fed, teeth brushed and hair combed? I hope it isn't just me. It probably is just me..sigh. Anyway....we have been having hellacious (is that a word?) mornings around here. They have involved me screaming at the kids for 30 minutes straight to get dressed and eat breakfast. I don't know why it is so hard for my kids to complete these simple tasks but GOOD GOD it is! I implemented a new rule as of Tuesday. The rule is no one is allowed out of their bedrooms in the morning until they are dressed, their teeth are brushed, their bed is made and socks on-no shoes just socks. For three days straight now the morning routine has been wonderful! No yelling or scurrying around like crazy people. They come down the stairs all ready for school. I really think I might be a genius. This is the best rule I have ever come up with all by myself. This morning we had plenty of time to take some photos and everyone was in a good mood to boot! We played, had a pillow fight and Jake even had extra time to read some of his Diary of a Wimpy Kid book. It was awesome! Nevermind that I am still in my PJ's with crusty hair and all. We just got shots of having fun which for us is really rare in the AM!

1 comment:

Amber said...

those will be fun memories for your kiddos to look back at. Cute!