Thursday, January 7, 2010

BRRRRR!!!!

Hello! It has been a FREEZING, FRIGID couple of days here in Kansas! Temperatures tonight are supposed to get down to 30 below 0!!!! That is the wind chill temp. not the actual temp. but still! It has snowed so much. I can't remember when it has snowed this much. I remember a few winter's when I was a kid of really high snow but this is really yucky. I hate feeling trapped at home. While the snow is really pretty to look at-it is a huge pain to drive and get around in. I hate carting a baby around in this weather so I just tend to stay home. We are all starting to go a little stir crazy. We have had 2 snow days with 1 more tomorrow.


I love having "at home" days when I can just stay in my cozy clothes and not wear any makeup but after a day or two I am done! I need to get out! We will see what "errand" we can run tomorrow.
I have been staying busy trying some new things to sew. I have been making things for spring/summer which seems weird with it being so cold out. Spring and summer will be upon us before we know it and for the first time I will be prepared. This pink dress I was going to sell but I screwed it up big time. You can't see from the picture but there is a tiny hole on the seam of the tshirt. The tshirt got a little bunched up while sewing and when I tried to fix it I totally jacked it up. I was really mad. I decided to just give it to one of my friends daughter's. I would rather give it to someone instead of throw it away. What do you think of the fabric combo here? I was really on the fence. I do like how it turned out though.
This next dress still needs an embellishment but I just can't figure out what yet. I was thinking maybe a fabric flower? I will post some pictures when I am done with this one. This dress turned out really good. This was the first one that I did so I just used scrap fabric and an inexpensive tshirt because I didn't know if it would turn out okay. I really like these little dresses and I have so many cute fabric combinations in my head.



I really, really don't like doing the ruffle butt onesies but they are such big sellers. I decided I am just going to make up a bunch of these and see what happens. This is the same fabric I used for that apron I made last month. I have alot of scraps that I am going to use up. I love the fabric combo! Whatcha think?
Well that is all I have for today. I need to think of something crafty to do with the kiddos tomorrow as they are getting a little stir crazy being trapped in the house. Hopefully I will have some more time for sewing.
Jules

No comments: