Monday, January 25, 2010

CRAFTHOPE FOR HAITI


How was your weekend? Mine was AWESOME! I got to go on a quick get away w/ my husband. You never really realize how much you need something like that every now and then. It was really good to get away and just relax a little. I missed the kiddos but I needed to hang with their Dad ALONE for a minute! It really was just what we needed. Now I am home and rejuvenated.

I heard about this awesome charity called crafthope for Haiti today. You can donate items to be sold and 100% of the proceeds go to an organization called Doctors Without Borders. Doctors Without Borders aid in over 60 countries to people whose survival is threatened by violence, neglect or catastrophe. You can learn more about it at http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/. I plan to donate this

and a shirt very similar to this...

Crafthope set up a shop on www.etsy.com. If you need any really different, hand made items please visit etsy and buy something to help the people of Haiti! I feel bad but I can't even watch the news regarding Haiti. It is just too devastating for me. I really, truly can't imagine living there and going through all that they are going through. I try to imagine my family and my loved ones having to face what Haiti is facing. It really brings me to tears just trying to imagine it. There is ALOT of interesting things for sale to benefit Haiti. Check it out!

Jules



1 comment:

lynda said...

Damn you daughter...I didn't think I had another tear in me. We all had a unique relationship with Tessie and you beautifully expressed yours. Don't you know she would love that piece and would bore the entire building about her wonderful grand daughter. xoxoxo L