Sunday, January 3, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!













HAPPY NEW YEAR! I can't believe it is 2010! 2009 really was a great year for me. It was the year my baby Nick was born! I have several New Years Resolutions but let's be serious......they probably won't last past Jan. 10. I usually NEVER have New Year's Resolutions because I just know that I will never stick to it. Isn't that awful? This year though, I do have several. They include going to the gym at least 3x/week (I am sure everyone in America is saying the same thing), taking a photography class, growing Just Jules Boutique Creations (which is really hard with a baby), being more patient, living more in the moment, being a better wife and mother. These are just a few. Ask me on Jan. 10th and see if I am still singing the same tune. We did have a wonderful Christmas spent with family and friends. My husband took the last 2 weeks of the year off and we did lots of fun family things together. I couldn't have asked for a better end of 2009. I am ready to move on though. My decorations are down, my house is clean and it feels so good to start off the new year with a more (semi) organized, clean home. It just feels like a fresh start.

I really don't have many sewing projects going on right now. My son has been begging me to make him a pair of KU PJ pants and I finally feel like I have some time to do it for him. He picked out his fleece several weeks ago. I am going to try to do it today. We will see how far I get. It is also snowing AGAIN outside and I just went out and will surprise my husband by shoveling for him. He will be really excited. I feel bad b/c he has had to shovel 3 times this past week because we have literally been dumped on with snow. He is at the movies with the older boys and he was DREADING shoveling today. I can't remember the last time that I had to shovel snow. He always just does it. I hope I did it good enough for him! He is pretty anal. I posted some before and after pictures. It was deep but really powdery so not very heavy. I don't think I pulled anything. I will probably be sore tomorrow though. I have some new projects in mind for the weeks ahead so stay tuned!


Jules

2 comments:

Jules said...

That was so sweet of you to shovel!!Looks like a big job. I totally think that counts as 1/3 workouts for the week, by the way. Cheers!

Just Jules said...

Thanks Jules! Chad was happy.