Wednesday, February 9, 2011

NEW RECIPE #7-THAI PEANUT NOODLES

O to the M to the G.  I know I sound like a pre teen but this recipe was awesome.  EASY and AWESOME.  You can't get any better than that.  My kids and husband slurped it up without even talking. Next time I need a little attention I think I'm going to put some of that peanut sauce behind my ears or something.  Okay, okay I'm exaggerating just a little.  But really it was great.

I am a huge Thai fan.  This totally fit the bill.  I got the recipe from http://www.ourbestbites.com/.  I tweaked it quite a bit though.  I added about 3/4 of a can of coconut milk and I added red pepper and mushrooms and shrimp.  You could easily add chicken too.  Here's the recipe:

THAI PEANUT NOODLES:
1/2 c. chicken broth
3 Tbs. creamy peanut butter (I used crunchy)
1-2 tsp Sriracha chili sauce (1 is mild with a bite, 1.5 is medium, 2 is hot)-I used 2 since I doubled the recipe
1 1/2 Tbsp. honey
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh minced ginger
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz. Udon or linguine noodles
chopped green onions
chopped cilantro
2 limes, cut into quaters
chopped peanuts

DIRECTIONS:
Cook noodles in salted water.  In the meantime, combine chicken broth, peanut butter, chili sauce, ginger, honey and garlic in small saucepan over med-olw heat.  Whisk until smooth.  Then I added the coconut milk.  Toss cooked noodles with sauce and divide among 4 bowls.  Sprinkle with green onions, cilantro, peanuts, and garnish each with 2 lime quarters.  Before eating, squeeze lime juice over.

I did a little stir fry of shrimp and vegetables in some olive oil, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce and added to the noodles.

This recipe is a keeper!  I may make it next week again!


Jules

No comments: