Thursday, February 3, 2011

A SPLASH OF COLOR

Ugggg....the doldrums of winter.  I am one of those people whose personality changes if the sun doesn't shine.  I could never live in Seattle.  I am sure I would be diagnosed with SAD (Seasonal affective disorder).  My two least favorite months are January and February.  In Kansas, these two months are generally freezing and grey.  On top of the greyness, we experienced a blizzard two days ago.  The kids have been home from school for three days.  I LOVE snow days but three is just a tad much!  We have had fun and stayed busy but enough is enough.  My husband thinks it's hot when I come to bed in socks, sweatpants, tshirt and a sweatshirt.  I also need my electric blanket because I am ALWAYS freezing.  Are you sick of me complaining yet?  I am..GEEZ!

As I was walking into the grocery store yesterday I saw a splash of color, a moment of hope that spring will soon be awaiting me.  I saw my favorite flower in my favorite color on display waiting for me to buy them.  Tulips...one of my favorite flowers.  I didn't even think twice.  I scooped them up, sped home and put them proudly on display.  I love the brightness that they provide and they just make me happy.  Am I weird?


Jules

No comments: