Thursday, April 12, 2012

PEEPS!

I had to share my Easter decoration.  Of course I got it off of Pinterest.  I just used two square glass vases.  You put a cup or small container in the center to hold your flowers of choice.  You put a layer of jelly beans down and then top that with peeps:



A florist I am not.  I am sure a bouquet of perfectly arranged tulips would look much more appealing but I just decided to use what I had in my yard.  I snipped a bunch of lilacs from out front and put together my table decoration.  The lilacs perfumed my whole house for days.  I used two of these along with my mock milkglass vases on my dining room table.  I didn't get a picture of it all together but it looked very "Eastery." 

I got the vases at Bed, Bath and Beyond in case you were wondering.  Of course I scoured the thrift stores but just couldn't find the shape I needed.  I sucked it up and bought these which I know I will use over and over again. 

Easter is always so great.  We spend the morning having brunch with my Dad and then we always have the rest of our family over for dinner.  This year everyone brought something thus making it a non-stressful event.  My husband missed his calling in being a chef/cook.  Everything he makes is amazing.  He brined a turkey and I swear it was the best turkey I have ever had.  I am not even a turkey girl.  I made a lemon pudding cheesecake that I need to post the recipe for.  It is my go to spring/summer dessert.  It is always a crowd pleaser.  How did you spend your Easter?

Jules

1 comment:

Jules said...

I LOVE the peeps vase!! Great idea. And oh how I miss the smell of lilacs- they don't grow down here in Austin. I am vicariously enjoying everything about that centerpiece. : )