Sunday, March 18, 2012

MOCK MILK GLASS


I really love the look of milk glass.  Hopefully you know what that is?  It is just a thick glass that is a beautiful milky white color.  I don't even own one piece of milk glass.  I sometimes see it at flea markets and thrift stores but I never buy it because I really don't have the storage space for it.  I hosted a baby shower yesterday and I really wanted some milk glass vases for my mantel.  I thought it would look pretty and girly for a baby girl shower.  I wanted to put a single pink flower in each one.  Of course when you are looking for something specific you never can find it.  At least I never can.  I attempted to make my own mock milk glass vases.  I bought these three cheap glass vases at the Salvation Army for 99 cents a pop:


Nothing special but I thought the details might be really pretty once spray painted.  So here is what I had after a few coats of heirloom white paint:



It most definitely wasn't milk glass quality but these little guys served their purpose.  I really like how they turned out.  They will also be perfect to use for Easter decor.  Hopefully the EXTREMELY bright pink flowers weren't to obnoxious?  I really liked them but I am gaudy like that.

Jules

1 comment:

Jules said...

I love these Jules! Also love the painting behind them. Please send me pictures from the shower- hope you all had a blast!