Saturday, March 17, 2012

ANOTHER UGLY PICTURE FRAME

While shopping at the local thrift store I found this real ugly mirror:

It's actually not that ugly.  I just don't really like the black/gold combo going on.  I thought if I painted it white and distressed it then it would look beautiful on my living room wall which is a chocolate brown color.  I have a bare spot above a chair in that room that is screaming for some attention.  So I painted this bad boy white or heirloom white to be exact after removing the mirror and this is what it looked like. 

 I sort of liked it until I tried to distress it a little with some glaze in which it turned out hideous.  Evidence as proof:

 and another up close and personal just to clarify:


I hated how it turned out.  A little bummed and defeated I decided to spray it back to it's original black but no gold:


 I thought it was kinda cool?  I couldn't replace the mirror because it started chipping at the corner and I was scared to hang it around the kids.  So I just put a piece of burlap in it and hot glued an L in the center and now it has a happy home on one of my bare kitchen walls:


Eh...not that cool but I guess it was worth the $9.99 price tag and it puts something on my bare wall.

Jules

No comments: