Thursday, March 15, 2012

MEET ME IN ST. LOUIEE!

Spring break is upon us.  We usually NEVER go anywhere for spring break but this year my husband had to go to St. Louis on business and suggested that we go with him for a few days.  It sounded better than sitting around home trying to entertain my kids for a few days.  We left on Tuesday and were back today, Thursday.  It always sounds like such a good idea to do a road trip but you quickly realize how tiring it really is to attempt such a fete with 3 kids in tow.  We did have fun but needless to say I am exhausted!
Some highlights of the trip were going up in the arch which we attempted 3 times!  The first time all the trips to the top were sold out.  The second time my oldest started throwing up as we were in line to go up.  It is NEVER a proper road trip without someone vomiting or having explosive diarrhea.  Seriously.  It. Never. fails.  Anyway I am happy to report that this vomiting session was short lived.  We had to alter our plans for the day but Jake was feeling fine the next day.  Some other highlights of the trip were little Nick locking us out of the bedroom about 4-5 times and we had to call hotel maintenance to unlock it, Brady while showering fell and fell out of the whole tub/shower.  How in the hell that happens I'll never know but we are still laughing about how he kept saying, "it's just so slippery" in a whiny Brady voice, visiting the zoo, eating at a really old school Italian restaurant, eating ice cream in the trunk of the van with the kids, and beautiful weather.  I really wish I got more pictures but I just wasn't so diligent this time around.  Here are some pics from the last couple of days:

The "Hill" is where the delish Italian food was.

We had to sit in the car because the place was ridiculously crowded. 

Looking out the windows of the arch.

At the zoo.  I know this picture looks dirty but that is only because I have a dirty mind.  Haha.  Brady loves cobras and really wanted his picture with this guy!

We had some good family fun.  I am glad to get in bed with my hubby and not my restless two year old tonight though!

Jules

1 comment:

Jules said...

Brady continues to assemble the fantastic one-liners!!! Love it. And Nick's hair is getting darker! Glad you all were able to get away and play.