Wednesday, March 21, 2012

IT"S PINK!

Being surrounded by testosterone almost 100% of the time (even my dog is a boy) I was THRILLED to get to host a baby shower for one of my Sister in Laws.  Very rarely do I get to have my house all girly and pink.  I had such a fun time decorating for the event.  Beware this post is picture heavy...
Here is a picture of my living room all decked out:


So those pom pom thingys in the corners were really easy and cheap to make.  I made a total of 9.  To find out how to make those just google tissue paper pom poms.  That is what I did and they turned out perfect.  They don't take up much time to make either.  No baby shower is complete without the "clothesline."  I made all of the onesies and this little reversible outfit:


This is an awful picture but this outfit is adorbs!  Since I sell baby clothes and accessories I can't very well show up at a shower with a store bought baby blankie so I made her this one:


Here is a picture of my dining room:


Those two ball "topiaries" are just made out of cupcake wrappers.  I just pinned them onto a foam ball and stuck them on some candlestick holders.  Super easy peasy.  The diaper cake is actually recycled from my baby shower for little Nick.  I just changed out the ribbon and put it on top of my DIY cakestand.  I bought a piece of pink satin fabric and just draped it over the table.  I didn't even hem it.  I'm ghetto like that.  I'm sure everyone left the party appalled?  It was perfect to incorporate some Easter decorating since the colors of Easter are pastel and feminine.  I just threw a bunch of jelly beans and pastel colored M & M's on the table to make it not seem so boring.  Next is a pic of my mantel area in my Hearth room:

I just threw up some pink tulle and used some Easter decor I had.  Of course I had to use my Mason jars to display some baby pink and white roses.



I made this garland using bias tape and doily's:

Here's a closeup:


All you do is cut a doily in half and sandwich in between some bias tape a sew a straight line and you are done.  I love how it turned out and it was so easy. 
  I offered to make a cake or some sort of dessert but one of my Sister in Laws insisted on making this masterpiece and I'm sure everyone is glad she did! 


It's called a hummingbird cake.  The only way I can describe it is it is sort of like a carrot cake but more tropical.  There was pineapple and banana in it.  She dehydrated the pineapple herself and decorated the cake with them.  It was delish!
Two of my Sister in Laws (I have 6) may or may not have gone out late at night and ripped these off from some one's yard. They said it was sort of a "common area" where they got them but I am suspicious.  Aren't they beautious?



Lucky for me I still have them adorning my dining room table:


One last pic of the beautiful mom to be:

Anna is such a blessing and I know she is going to be an amazing mother.  I can't wait to watch her journey!

Jules

1 comment:

Jules said...

I LOVE THIS!!!! Your house looks amazing, Jules. How lucky is Anna to have had you hosting? And I adore the picture of Anna- she has really popped and looks adorable. : ) Thanks for sharing!