Wednesday, March 21, 2012

BELIEVE THE HYPE


I have been on a health kick lately.  I haven't ever mentioned it on the blog but I am really working at being healthy.  I have already lost 12 pounds and have another 5 to go.  On my health quest I am always looking for healthy snacks.  Most of my snacks these days consist of a fruit or a veggie.  I have seen on several websites about how delicious baked Kale is.  Baked kale?  Sounds weird I know.  I think kale is the stuff at restaurants that they garnish your plate with.  It is a thick green that in my opinion sort of tastes like broccoli.  It has to be healthy because it is green.  Anything green is healthy right?  I followed directions and I got my kale and separated it from the thick woody stems.

 I just broke them into bite size pieces.  I put a tiny olive oil on and a sprinkle of sea salt.



 I baked them at 350 for about 15 minutes.  I took them out and tasted and I couldn't believe what I was tasting.  I couldn't believe that this was health food.  It was so crunchy kind of like a potato chip.  It is a delicate crunch that is really addicting.  You HAVE to make it and try it.  I can see myself baking up a pan of kale for my next movie night while everyone else is eating popcorn.  It is salty like popcorn too.  I just can't say enough about how good this was.  To further support my argument on how tasty this is my extremely, annoyingly picky 9 year old crushed a whole pan of this stuff!  He had a buddy over and they went to town and loved it.  My son's friend went home and told his mom about it and wanted her to make some too.




Seriously, if you have problems with your kids eating vegetables try this!

Jules

1 comment:

Jules said...

I love baked Kale too!!! Delicious.