Friday, March 9, 2012

PAYING FOR A LITTLE R & R!


The other day was a rough one.  Only rough in the sense that I have a 2 year old who is real attached to his mama.  Not that it is necessarily a bad thing but there are times in the day when I seriously need just a small break or a breather from fetching "ju" (juice), "nack" (snacks) and "B" (blankie).  Little man quit taking naps so therefore there is no respite.  I usually beg him to go play with his brothers in the basement but he usually simply says, "no".  Well the other day both big bros were in the basement and little Nick decided to join them for no apparent reason.  I didn't question nor did I go down to check on him thus risking his return to my hip.  Call SRS if you must but for my mental heath I just kept telling myself that he was safe in the basement with his big brothers.  I poured myself a cup of hot mint green tea, sat down with my feet up and proceeded to watch food network in which Paula Deen was cooking something with loads of butter.  After about 10 minutes I felt myself relaxing more and more and enjoying this small but needed alone time.  My alone time lasted about 45 min!  When he came up wanting more "ju" I was more than happy to oblige and I was thrilled to see his cute unkempt little head.  About an hour later I went downstairs to tell Jake and Brady that they had played Xbox enough for the day and this is what I encountered:


Every single one (well almost) of our board games or any games for that matter were all disassembled into a thousand pieces all over my basement floor.


Yes, that is every single lightbright piece on the floor.  Not just in one small spot mind you.  They are all over the basement including under this heavy table that almost gave me a hernia just trying to lift it.


Evidence of a short person getting into stuff.  Only the bottom two shelves were touched.  Thank goodness he isn't any taller!
As I was cleaning this atrocity I wondered was my 45 minute down time worth the one hour and 15 minute clean time?  My answer was a resounding HELL YES!!! 
It is spring break here and let's just hope the rest of my house doesn't get like this before the break is up.  Odds are it will!

Jules

1 comment:

Jules said...

Ha- love your HELL YES to it all being worthwhile! Glad you got some alone time, and I suspect those cleaned up games will now ALL reside on the top shelves of the closet. : )