Thursday, March 8, 2012

DIY PROJECTS

I have been MIA for quite awhile. I have no good excuse. I have tried lots of new recipes that I should have shared but I guess was being lazy. I have to share my newest EASY project. I found this plate at the thrift store. I am a sucker for old teacups and saucers and old china/plates.

I'm not sure what drew me to this plate.  I think I just really liked the colors and it is really feminine.  Sitting very close to this plate at the thrift store was this real ugly brass candle stick holder


I immediately snagged both and knew exactly what I was going to attempt.  So I got home and painted this little gem a ballet slipper pink.



I love how you can see the details so much better now that this thing isn't brass anymore.  I then used something called Gorrilla glue which is a really strong glue and I glued the two together like so:



And now I have my pretty feminine homemade cake plate that cost around 3 bucks!  Can't beat that.  Now I need to bake something and display it on my cakeplate!
And while I was painting I decided to paint another thrifty find.  I have been searching hi and low for a plain black or actually about 3 plain black wood candlestick holders but everytime I see one they are just to dang expensive.  Since I am Ms. thrifty thrifterson I finally found the shape of what I wanted but it was real ugly y'all...


See what I mean?  Anyway this baby went from geek to chic in about 2 minutes..



Well it was more than two minutes because I had to do about 3 coats.  Now I just have to be on the lookout for about 2 more just like it!

Jules

No comments: