Saturday, January 1, 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!



Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  We are just recovering from last night's festivities.  I am not used to staying up past 10:00 let alone midnight!  My body is punishing me today and I didn't even drink that much last night.

2010 was a great year for me.  I have set some goals for 2011 and hopefully I will complete them.  I am notorious for starting things and then quitting :(.  I would love to see what my New Year's Resolutions are from last year.  It's probably a bad sign that I don't remember them.  I am pretty sure I blogged about it.  I am going to investigate and hopefully won't be to embarrassed.  This year I have set a few goals or resolutions for myself.  One of them is to cook a new recipe EVERY week.  I have an 8 year old who won't eat anything.  I have no idea what to feed him.  He doesn't even like pizza!  I don't think we can possibly be related.  My hope is to make a new recipe every week and hopefully by the end of the year I will have found several things that he loves and will actually eat.  My other reason for "attempting" this challenge is because I am in a cooking rut, always preparing the same ol same ol week after week.  It's just plain boring.  These "new" recipes are going to be easy weeknight do-able meals.  Nothing gourmet.  I love cooking gourmet but it is super challenging with three kids and not much spare time.


So here is my first "new" recipe that I made last week.  Unfortunately my 8 year old didn't like.  DAMN...I seriously thought he would love it.  Oh well, I will attempt again next week.  Everyone else loved it.  Even my 1 year old had seconds.  I saw it being made on the food network.  It was called a chicken fajita braid.  It is made with crescent roll dough.  My son really likes crescent rolls but I guess not if you combine it with a mexicany chicken concoction.  I made two of these.  One isn't enough for a family of 5.  I garnished it with salsa and sour cream.  You can find the recipe at www.pillsbury.com.  It was super simple and really yummy.  Here are some pictures


Please excuse the yellow hue.  It is really hard to shoot pictures of food at night
and have it look appetizing.  I am certain there is a way to do that and now I am sort of on a mission to figure it out.  Hopefully with my new weekly recipes I will notice better photography shots?

No comments: