Friday, January 7, 2011

NEW RECIPE #2: FRENCH DIP SANDWICH WITH AU JUS

 

It's only week two of my New Year's Resolution to make one new recipe every week and I haven't quit yet!  Yay for me!  Last night I made French Dip sandwiches.  You MUST make this.  I beg you.  It was so easy and so delicious.  It fit into my criteria of an easy weeknight meal.  My picky eater told me about 4 times that he loved it while he was inhaling it.  SCORE!!  I found the recipe on http://www.ourbestbites.com/.  I am now a daily stalker of this blog.  I really love all of the food that they feature.  I did make the white chicken chili from this blog too.  It was just okay but this French Dip was amazing.  I used a chuck roast for this.  You have to sear it really well on all sides after liberally sprinkling salt and pepper over it. 



A good sear will give it this amazing crust.  After the searing you just put it in the crock pot on low along with 2 cups of water and 2 cans of beef broth and 2 Lipton onion soup packets for 6-8 hours. 


Your house will smell amazing all day.  You know it's done when you insert a fork and it feels like buttuh.  Take the meat out, shred it up, top it on some crusty french rolls (this is key-the type of bread), place some provolone or mozz. cheese on top and place in broiler for about 3-4 min.  The next step is to enjoy some deliciousness.
Use the liquid in the crock pot for your Au jus for dipping.  It was really good.  Geez, my pictures suck.  I am always trying to photograph food at night without any natural light.  Maybe next time they will be better.  You get the idea though.  I served these up with some baked oven fries. Now go make some French Dips for your fam.  They will love you for it!

Jules

No comments: